A project is being implemented in our Basilica
“Monastery in the heart of the city” – renovation of the Basilica of the Dominican Fathers in Lublin “as part of the Operational Program Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020” Protection of cultural heritage and development of cultural resources “.
• • renovations of the entire Basilica (apart from the Tyszkiewicz’s chapel and presbytery, which have been restored
in previous years)
• construction and conservation works at the monument along with the conservation of seven altars, pulpits, paintings and organs in the Chapel of the Holy Mother of God
• underfloor heating installations using heat pumps
• providing the Paris MB Chapel with an intimate concert hall
• creation of an additional entrance to the Basilica with access for the disabled
• adaptation of the Basilica to the implementation in its space of a rich cultural and educational offer for children, young people and people with disabilities.
The main purpose of the project is conservation, restoration and construction works at the Basilica of the Holy Virgin. St. Stanisława in Lublin and the conservation of selected movable monuments of the interior of the basilica.
The funds will also be used for the digitization and preservation of part of the collection (Ruszla book).
These activities are to lead to the creation of a new cultural offer addressed to children, youth, adults, people with disabilities and excluded people.These will include: art history lessons for junior and senior high school students, “Renesans of Lublin” and lessons “Prints of Paweł Ruszel as an example of seventeenth-century publications”.
The total cost of the project is PLN 15.6 million, the co-financing amount will be PLN 12.8 million.